free games
free game downloads

Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator

Mortimer Beckett and the Time Paradox
Mortimer Beckett and the Time Paradox is a follow-up of the original Beckett and the Secrets of the Spooky Manor, and adds many great new features that were not in the previous version.

The game genre is seek and find and the objective is to rebuild the time bomb and seal the time portal. The twist though is as you find objects you then need to use them within the scene to reveal further objects. This makes the game more challenging. For example you need to take the eggs from the inventory and place them in the nest in the first scene.

You also need to keep a close eye on the action. A couple of times I thought I’d finished with an object only to find there was a second piece to collect. This seemed to occur when you have an animated scene, for example water draining from a barrel. Here you would want to wait for all the water to empty out, as there might be a second piece at the bottom of the barrel.

This game is suitable for all ages and great for the whole family to play together. The game is more immersing than the original version and some of the later screens can get quite complicated and really make think what you need to do in order to complete the stage. This could be a problem for younger players on their own, but playing with a group of friends or with a helpful parent it would still be fun.

The game play and graphics are very vivid and detailed, which enhances the enjoyment of the game. The game ends with a real huge cliffhanger, and makes you wonder what is going to happen next, much like a series of movies. This of course has left the way open to release a third game in the series, which is good marketing by the publishers as those who have already played and enjoyed the first two will be keen to find out what how the story continues.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
crazymo
GM Guru

I checked when I last played this game and it was December 2008! so went back into it to refresh my memory. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this but would add that sometimes when you have found an item you have to go back to the map and go to a different location to use it.